Chapter 2.13 – Hook, Line and Sinker

Warning:  This chapter contains sim nudity and adult situations.

This was it.  The big day.  Theoretically, the biggest day of my life.


My sister had been there in the morning to help me get ready, and then to drive me to the park where we were holding the wedding.  The location was my choice – I had always wanted to be married outdoors, and James assured me that he was happy as long as I was.

We had allowed Tyler to invite Aron to the wedding as her date.  They seemed to be getting pretty serious, and James and I were trying our best to get to know him as a permanent part of Tyler’s life, whether we agreed with it or not.  Tyler had assured us that he wouldn’t disrupt anything, but he didn’t seem very pleased to be there all the same.


My siblings were all invited, of course.  Aidan and Violet arrived first, with their two eldest children, Iris and Terrance.  Baby Jamie, being rather too young to come to a wedding, was at home with her babysitter.  Bridie was single for the moment, but Cody, to our surprise, was already engaged to a girl he had supposedly met in high school, who had come with him as his date.  I had never seen my little brother so happy.

When Bridie and I arrived at the venue, everyone was already gathered around the wedding arch, waiting for the ceremony to start.  Waiting for me.  I took a deep breath before stepping out of the car.  Since Dad was already gone, I walked down the aisle alone, trying my best to suppress my tears as I thought of how he would have loved to be here today.  I felt certain that, wherever he was, he would surely be watching anyway.

My breath caught in my throat and thoughts of all else were swept from my mind as I looked up, and my eyes met James’.  I held his gaze, smiling, as I made my way up the aisle and took my place at his side.  I had never loved him more than I did at that moment – I belonged to him, and him to me.


We recited our vows in the sunshine, surrounded by the loving faces of family and friends.  Afterwards, it was time for the exchange of rings.  My hands shook as he slid the gold band onto my finger… not from fear or nervousness, but from the combination of wonderful emotions that was swirling inside me, the enormity of which I could never have expressed in words.


Our family and friends cried and cheered as we shared our first kiss as husband and wife.  Safe in his arms, the reality of the situation finally hit me.  I was married.  To James.  Without a doubt, this was the happiest day of my life.


After the ceremony was over, it was time to celebrate with the wedding feast.  James took my hand and led me to a table on the other side of the fountain where the wedding cake stood in all its glory, with a knife laid on a plate beside it.  The assembled guests cheered as I cut the first slice, then allowed Bridie to take over serving of food while James and I took our places at the nearest table.



My sister had done a wonderful job – everything was perfect, from the venue, to the food, to the music.  When we had finished eating, James stood up from his seat, and held his hand out to me.

“May I have this dance?”

I nodded and smiled, too choked up to speak at the memory his words had recalled.  A family barbecue a few years back… the music, the feeling of his arms around me… the first hint of realisation of my feelings for him.  Who would have thought that would lead to a day like this?


I was so absorbed in him as he twirled me around in time with the music that I never noticed the rest of the guests join us on the dance floor, or even how dark the evening sky was becoming.


As much fun as I was having, I was relieved when a slow song came on, and I came to rest in his arms as we swayed gently on the spot.

“Man, I really lucked out,” he murmured with a grin, looking into my eyes as we danced.  “You look beautiful, Bee.”


I giggled, and sighed happily.  “That’s my line,” I told him, planting a tender kiss on his lips.

His hand gently stroked my cheek as he pulled away.  “I love you,” he whispered.

“I love you more.”


I smiled, and kissed him again.  Words could not express how dizzyingly happy I felt in that moment.  And it could only get better from there.


Two hours after the end of the wedding, I was back at home and in bed.  Happy as I was, the ceremony had been completely exhausting, and I was ready for a good night’s sleep.  In spite of my exhaustion, however, my wedding night was one thing I wasn’t planning on missing.


“Are you sure you want to do this?” James asked me, concerned.  “If you want to, we can wait…”

“Why?” I asked teasingly.  “Don’t you want to?”

He sucked in a pained breath through his teeth, though his eyes never left mine.  “You know I do.”

“Okay,” I whispered.  I tightened my grip on the back of his neck and pulled his head down to mine.  He hesitated for only a second, giving me time to change my mind, before his lips parted and he returned my kiss with a passion that took my breath away.


We stayed in bed together for hours, enjoying our first night as husband and wife.


And by the time the first light of dawn crept over the horizon, I was asleep in James’ arms, exhausted from what I could safely call the best twenty four hours of my life.


We had decided to spend our honeymoon at home, just relaxing and enjoying each other’s company.  James took time off work at the restaurant, and I put my angling on hold for a few weeks.  The fish would still be there when I got back.

It was a few months after our honeymoon that I first started to feel sick in the mornings.


At the start, I just assumed that it was some sort of violent bug, but by the end of two weeks I knew that something was either seriously wrong… or seriously right.


A visit to the doctor’s office the following week confirmed my suspicions… it looked like concentrating on my career might have to wait a little bit longer.


My pregnancy was hard on everyone in the household, myself obviously included.  From dealing with my mood swings to trying to satisfy my wild cravings, James especially had a hard nine months of it.  He was wonderful, though, and always made sure to get me whatever I needed at the time.  Usually, he would cook for me and leave meals in the fridge, since my appetite was suddenly far beyond that of anyone else’s, and I would begin to crave various dishes at any given hour of the day or night.


My main solace was found in fishing, which was one thing that (thankfully) my doctor had still allowed me to do now that I was pregnant.  I had always been my calmest self what I was alone by the water, and it provided what I’m sure was a welcome break for James from meeting my demands.


When she was home, Tyler tried to do her part by helping James with the cooking. She had recently gone on a health kick which she was trying to encourage me to join, so spent a lot of time making me smoothies and various other concoctions that were supposed to help curb my symptoms.  I drank them to spare her feelings, although privately I had my reservations about their effectiveness.


Mum was understandably thrilled by the impending arrival of her third grandchild, taking every opportunity to feel my tummy, talk to it, sing to it… anything she insisted would help the baby’s growth.  Knowing how lonely she had been, I knew how much this must mean to her, so I humoured her as best I could.


As my pregnancy progressed, so did my appetite.  I stuffed myself with all the breakfast foods I could get my hands on.  At this point, James stopped making me my own meals out of concern for my health, thinking I was eating too much.  Perhaps, in retrospect, four plates of waffles in one hour was a bit excessive, but at the time I just couldn’t get enough.


On the whole, everyone except me was pretty relieved the day I went into labour.  I wasn’t too stuck on it, frankly.  I had never felt so much pain in my life.


James was luckily home at the time, and as soon as he heard my scream he rushed to comfort me, and then went to fetch the car so he could drive me to the hospital.  He stayed with me throughout the whole ordeal, doing anything he could to help soothe the pain.  I honestly don’t know what I would have done without him.

But after fourteen hours of excruciating torture, just as the first rays of morning sunlight were spreading over the harbour, everything suddenly became worth it.


We both stayed in the hospital for several weeks after the birth to recover, until finally I was allowed to bring my daughter home.

Welcome to the world, baby Diana.



5 thoughts on “Chapter 2.13 – Hook, Line and Sinker

Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s